Friday, June 28, 2013

The Paula Deen Thing...

The Paula Deen Thing...

I'm not really sure if this is going to qualify as a Blog entry or not, as I'm not sure what all I can say about this, but I'll give it a try...

See, for as much as I DO NOT CONDONE THE USE OF THE N WORD FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME, I, for the LIFE of me, cannot even BEGIN to attempt to demonize, or vilify Paula Deen for what she said.

Why? Because she said it 27 YEARS ago, and I believe in the power of Forgiveness, so that's ONE reason, but that's not the most IMPORTANT one, those are to follow. BTW I just gotta ask, how many of you reading this can remember what YOU said 30 years ago, verbatim? Just sayin...

In any case, while I believe that her ends do NOT justify her means, if anyone is being REALISTIC about this issue, we need to start analyzing this from the beginning..

A person has the RIGHT NOT TO LIKE ANY person, group, socio-economic class, gender or entity as MUCH as they want, WHEN they want, and HOW they want. Welcome to America! You're free, I'm free, we're all free ! Right....? (try not to think of the NSA right now, just stay with me for a moment, ok?)

However, IF a person elects to do so, they MUST be prepared for the backlash / repercussions that stem directly from it ! Even if it means their world gets unraveled, or, they face a personal crisis, or in Paula's case - complete meltdown-level type destruction. She's reaping what she's sown...

A quick sidebar -

What I find interesting about this entire scenario, please mark it down that you heard it here FIRST.

In about a year or two's time, America, having the Attention Deficit Disorder of an infant, such that it does, will forgive her as soon as she becomes "hip, and in, or retro" in our pathetic minds. Then, once again, she will rise to glory, and be given her own show once more, free to kill us by butter and cholesterol all over again! She'll have a LifeTime movie, we'll all cry, we'll cheer her 1st show when she comes back on TV...Don't fret kids, it's GONNA happen! Trust me!

I mean, come on, we live in a land where everyone (somehow - I'm still scratching my head on it myself) seemingly has forgiven Michael Vick for the BUTCHERY HE committed !

Hell, at least " Sweet Innocent Paula" has never MURDERED anyone or anything - she just hates black people! That's not so bad is it? =)

End sidebar -

Now the BIG thing that really burns my ass about this entire situation is simply this - civilized society, and, the majority of African Americans ALL universally believe that the "N" word is a HURTFUL word, a DEROGATORY word, an IGNORANT word, right ??

It is a word that solicits memories of a cruel, disdainful, hurtful and barbaric time - a complete blemish or imbruing of American History. A time when innocent people of color were kidnapped, tortured, raped, lynched, and MURDERED simply for the hatred of color of their skin...right ??

It's so odd to me...I'm sitting here thinking, this woman had her entire world DESTROYED by people saying she was the DEVIL for saying this word, under duress (with a gun to her head?) 27 YEARS AGO!  The people who condemn her say, this word is hurtful, painful, and it's just so INCREDIBLY, HORRIBLE that she EVER even THINK of using it - EVER. It is THE most EVIL and HATEFUL thing a person can EVER even DO, THINK, or SAY...THAT is EXACTLY the kind of treatment this woman IS RECEIVING RIGHT NOW...

Ironically enough, I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast a day ago, lest remember what occurred once, nearly 3 decades ago...still, that's no excuse! Let's tie her Southern ass to the stake ! Yes, I'm being snarky, but you get the concept here....follow the bouncing ball...

Now, flash forward, those VERY same people who absolutely DENOUNCE her character, her SOUL, her entire BEING are EXACTLY the same people that in that VERY SAME BREATH will go out and purchase the new Jay-Z album, or whatever the rap-de-jour album of the day is, where that person will use the word LIBERALLY a THOUSAND times a second and gets paid MILLIONS of dollars, and that person gets GLORIFIED and REVERED for their "incredible and amazing talent and lyrcal ability". Why, I even heard one amazing hip hop star being called "the songwriter / lyricist of our generation!" Amazing........

It's like, when I think of these guys, I stop to wonder, what kind of "oppression" did that rap star face? What kind of diamond rings to wear that day? What kind of car to drive? What kind of restaurant to dine in ? What club to go to that night ? Trust me kids, these clowns did NOT suffer, they did not bleed under the crack of cruel razor whips, their ANCESTORS DID.

So, to string this thought along, and to connect the dots, my question is, if it's so EVIL to even WHISPER about, what makes it ok for African American people to STILL USE that word at ALL ? The reason why - I'm being told, and I COMPLETELY disagree with this - is that people like Flava Flav, Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor - seemingly ALL "OWN" the word - get this, simply because they're BLACK and that they CAN, and because of that, and that alone, they should be FREELY allowed to use that word as much as they want at will with NO repercussions of ANY kind - no Al Sharpton marching on a movie studio, no Jesse Jackson Million Man Marches to storm the capital of Def Jam Records, NOTHING like that. It's considered PERFECTLY NORMAL and ACCEPTABLE, because OF the color of THEIR skin and they have the RIGHT to use it whenever and however they want...they have complete and total LIFETIME IMMUNITY..... ???????


************ WRONG !!!!!! ************

So to clarify this - It's WRONG for any NON-African person to use that word in any context because it's hurtful, demeaning and horrifically and morally wrong, but it's PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE for an African person to use it as a "term of endearment" as much as they want to ?

Has our country, and our brainpower degenerated so LOW to a point of being nearly, and completely fucking FLATLINED so much that we don't even have TWO SYNAPSES left to fire to think, even for ONE SECOND that saying that word, at ANY time in ANY FORUM is NOTHING LESS than COMPLETELY unacceptable??? Since when did saying the N word become a JOKE???

I would love that rap star to tell that to my wonderful, kind, warm high school gym coach who was attacked and BRANDED with a cattle iron on BOTH FUCKING ARMS by the KK FUCKING K - A joke !!!????

You people that believe so, honest to God, move to an island, chop your dicks off, and go sterilize yourselves or something, because quite simply - you shouldn't be allowed to fucking BREED. Seriously!

Let me break down my previous sarcastic analogy - In REALITY, This is called A DUAL STANDARD !!! A DUAL FUCKING STANDARD. Point blank. Period. The END ! Your argument is INVALID.

If ANYONE who DOES have a problem with Paula's actions, or ANYONE who is of a similar mind, they need to stop and consider the fact that either there MUST BE EQUALITY ACROSS THE BOARD AND LET BOTH SIDES DO EXACTLY AS THEY WANT TO, ***OR***, THEY THEMSELVES are GOING TO BE ETERNALLY DEEMED A FUCKING HYPOCRITE and deserve NOTHING but the right to SHUT THE FUCK UP and STOP THROWING STONES and continue to live in the IGNORANT-DUAL-STANDARD-SHALLOW-FOOLISH WORLD THEY EXIST IN !

(AGAIN, TO REITERATE THAT I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT SHE DID. I SIMPLY BELIEVE IN WHAT IS RIGHT AND PRACTICING COMPLETE EQUALITY FOR ALL PEOPLE, AT ALL TIMES)

I AGREE that a Network, a company, a TV station, a product has EVERY right to associate themselves with a person however they see fit, so they are right for doing what they thought was the right thing to do, and what they believed in. But don't mistake, for ONE minute, that the reasons that they did so were for ANY ALTRUISTIC means, or beliefs that persons of color ARE and SHOULD ALWAYS BE EQUAL! Rather, that they wanted to fucking KOWTOW to their stockholders and shareholders, and cover their asses when every VFW in the state AND Al Sharpton show up on their front doorsteps to boycott their OWN business, leaving THEM bankrupt, holding up the "Will Work for Food" signs standing right NEXT to her....

But on a bastardly note, I have to chuckle and wonder - if you DO have to hold up a "Will Work For Food" sign, at least you'd have HER to cook for ya, so hey, that's a little silver lining for ya! Who says I can't be cheery when I want to ? =)

I digress - THE POINT that I was trying  to make here is THIS - *** THE WORD IN EVERY FORM IS IGNORANT AND MORALLY WRONG AND SHOULD BE BANISHED IN ALL FORMS, AND IN ALL MEDIA EQUALLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO "OWNING" THE WORD. GONE. PERMANENTLY FROM ALL RECORDED MEMORY, WANT, OR DESIRE TO USE IT - EVER AGAIN IN THE HISTORY AND FUTURE OF ALL MANKIND.***

And yet, it's not.....

Why....... ???

I believe it is because we live in an absolutely ignorant, finger pointing, overwhelmingly hypocritical, shallow country. A country that in many ways, is on the verge of becoming a third world country IN THE CONTEXT OF ITS MINDSET, VALUES, PRIORITIES AND ACTIONS, it headed towards a permanent cesspool...

That's a fact...we're on an express elevator to Hell, go-in DOWN !

I am VERY ashamed of the path this country has taken. The values it places on erroneous, mindless pursuits, people, places, hypocrisy and petty things.

I wish, in my dreams, for that is the only place I know that I will ever live to see them - that as Dr. Martin said, that I live in a land where everyone, and everything IS TRULY EQUAL, and things like morals, and intelligence, actually HAVE value and MEAN something again...

Forgiveness. Love. Tolerance .Respect. Understanding. Compassion. Intelligence.

Where are they ... ??

I close this by saying... "Let he who is without sin.... ______"

I'm done.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment