Saturday, June 15, 2013

Welcome to Words...by Joe Foster - an Introduction !

Hi all !

Well, here I am, late at night, sitting down to put the proverbial pen to digital paper!

For a long time now, many of you (that were kind enough to survive my ramblings), suggested I try my hand at writing something, and for years, I've kind of put it on the back burner.

Lately, with your kindness, I've decided I might actually give it a try.

I'm thinking, at some point in the future, I may decide to write a small book, purely for fun, though I'm not sure what style it will be in - self help, fiction, it could be anything.

As I mentioned before, I'm trying very hard to adjust to a complete shift in character and mindset, and place more emphasis in living for the day, and not "thinking" so much, and so deeply, about everything.

Try as I might though, I simply can't shut everything down - entirely. Ultimately, thoughts do linger in my mind, especially considering I am still a current events / news junkie.

So, instead of attempting to clutter my friends Facebook Newsfeeds, I thought, as a precursor to any attempt of literary dabbling - if any, is to be had, I'd best keep my thoughts delegated to this forum.

So, this means, if I have the need to tee off on any particular subject, this is how I'll choose to do it, so you, my friends / followers, can choose to read it here, and off your NewsFeeds, or not, and, maybe, get a little writing practice in during the process.

Please do know though, by coming here, you may as well see the sign hanging above the door that says EXACTLY THIS - "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" because this forum is going to have EXCLUSIVELY ZERO FILTER. I may keep it tame, I may drop a billion F bombs at will. I will not, under ANY circumstance edit myself. From brain to mouth to paper. Deal with it.

Subject matter here can, and WILL be adult in nature. It will also be completely randomized. I could be discussing world affairs one minute, get an ADD attack and be distracted by shiny objects, and discuss my love for baskets full of kittens the next. Simply put, this page is my therapy, and my "release valve" Well, at least the one I CAN share publicly =)

Now that my disclaimer is out of the way, on with the show! Once I get some sleep, I already have my first topic picked out...

Stay tuned ! Till tomorrow !

Much Zen, Much Love !

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment